Hi me, I think you might like Brown Eyed Baker’s ‘Top 10 List: Favorite Side Dishes’.
Here’s why: Going to need to try every one of these…
Top 10 List: Favorite Side Dishes
I definitely love food, but many times my eyes are bigger than my stomach. Especially at holidays or anything “buffet-style”, I will more than likely load up my plate with everything that looks delicious, and usually without fail, I will only eat a fraction of what I piled on. The interesting thing, though, is that I almost always finish my side dishes and will leave a piece of meat out in the cold. At a restaurant, I might take home ½ of a sandwich or burger, but 98% of the time will finish the fries. Thanksgiving? I take the tiiiiiniest piece of turkey, and then pile on the good stuff. Same thing with Easter, and ham. And so this next installment of the Top 10 list is dedicated to side dishes, glorious side dishes.
1. Barbecued Beans – This is a recipe my mom has been making since I was a kid – a baked beans with ground beef recipe that can simmer away in the crock-pot. It was always a New Year’s Eve staple!
2. Best Ever Potato Salad – Seriously, this is the best ever. You’ll want to eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
3. Broccoli Salad – The dish that my grandma is famous for. I’m not a huge broccoli fan, but when it’s mixed with bacon and cheese, I could eat it for hours!
4. Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe – Stuffing is probably my very favorite part of Thanksgiving, this is a recipe for a simple, classic recipe.
5. Easy Homemade French Fries – I couldn’t believe how easy these were to make, I will definitely make use of this recipe very, very often.
6. Fresh Green Bean Casserole – This is not your old-school canned green beans/cream of mushroom soup/fried onions casserole. Everything is fresh and homemade, and boy can you taste the difference!
7. Potato Salad with Herbed Balsamic Vinaigrette – I love this spin on potato salad – the herbs and balsamic vinegar give it such a bright, fresh flavor.
8. Roasted Red Potatoes – Roasted potatoes are probably one of my most favorite things, ever. And this has been a favorite recipe of mine for years.
9. Scalloped Potatoes – Another remake of an old favorite into a 100% homemade dish. These scalloped potatoes are so rich and decadent, they deserve their own plate.
10. The Signature Salad – A replication of the salad from Cosi restaurants – mixed greens with diced pears, red grapes, pistachios, dried cranberries and cheese in a vinaigrette. The flavors in this salad are incredible.
What are some of your favorite side dishes??
Tags: Favorites, Side Dishes
[Read the full post about Top 10 List: Favorite Side Dishes at Brown Eyed Baker]
Article emailed from Brown Eyed Baker – http://www.browneyedbaker.com