Bought some Campanelle because boxes of pasta were cheap, and it looked neat.
I looked for a campanelle recipe online, & this popped up:
- 1 BOX Barilla Campanelle
- 1/3 CUP Italian Pancetta, Julienne
- 1/4 CUP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 CUP White Onion, Chopped
- 1 POUND Butternut Squash, Peeled, Cubed
- TO TASTE Salt
- TO TASTE Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
- 1 SPRIG Fresh Rosemary
- 1 1/2 CUP Chicken Broth
- TO TASTE Balsamic Vinegar
- SAUTÉ pancetta in a large skillet over medium- high heat until crispy. Drain excess fat.Set aside.
- HEAT olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add onions and rosemary, sauté until golden.
- ADD the butternut squash and the chicken broth. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the squash gets soft.
- DISCARD the rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Process half of the sauce in the blender until smooth. Thin sauce with more chicken broth if desired. Return sauce to pan.
- COOK pasta according to directions and toss with the sauce.
- TOP the pasta with pancetta , drizzle with Balsamic vinegar.
Visit BarillaUS.com for more delicious Italian recipe ideas.
©2010 Barilla. All Rights reserved.