Beer for Dinner: Steak and potatoes with lager
Crock-pots really are one of the most underrated kitchen accessories. Think about it – you place raw ingredients inside, clamp down the lid, set the temperature to low, and then walk away. Four to eight hours later, dinner is served! In the meantime, it fills your house with the sweet, sweet smell of slow-roasted beef and you can knock out half your to-do list.
STEAK AND POTATOES WITH LAGER
- 1 large onion, quartered, sliced
- 8 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 pounds round steak, cut in 6 to 8 serving-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Yuengling Lager
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Combine sliced onion and potatoes in bottom of crock-pot. Arrange steak over vegetables. Combine brown sugar, nutmeg, onion soup mix; sprinkle over the beef. Pour beer over all. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until beef is tender. Salt to taste.