From all over the friggin’ place…
These from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes-and-cooking/50-panini/index.html
How to Cook Panini
In a panini press: Preheat the press. Add your sandwich and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions until golden and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
On the stove: Preheat a skillet with butter or oil to medium low. Add your sandwich, then press a heavy pan on top to weigh it down. Cook until golden and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
1. Caprese Brush the inside of a split sub roll or sliced Italian bread with olive oil. Fill with 2 slices each fresh mozzarella and tomato, and a few basil leaves; season with salt and pepper. Press and cook until golden.
2. Smoked Caprese Make Caprese Panini (No. 1) with smoked mozzarella.
3. Eggplant-Mozzarella Make Caprese Panini (No. 1) with smoked or fresh mozzarella; replace the tomato with grilled eggplant slices.
5. Prosciutto Caprese Make Caprese Panini (No. 1), adding 3 thin slices prosciutto and some shaved parmesan to the sandwich.
6. Pesto Turkey Make Caprese Panini (No. 1); brush the inside of the roll with pesto instead of olive oil and add 3 or 4 slices roasted turkey breast to the sandwich.
10. Roast Beef–Onion Spread dijon mustard on 2 thick slices of sourdough bread. Layer shredded gruyere, sliced roast beef, caramelized onions and more gruyere between the bread. Press and cook until golden.
11. Three-Meat Brush the inside of a split Italian roll with olive oil. Fill with sliced soppressata, capicola, salami, fontina and roasted red peppers. Press and cook until golden.
13. Grilled Veggie Brush the inside of a split ciabatta roll with pesto. Fill with slices of grilled eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash and roasted red peppers. Add 2 slices fresh mozzarella and a few basil leaves. Press and cook until golden.
15. Three-Cheese Brush the inside of a split ciabatta roll with pesto. Fill with a few slices each of mozzarella, fontina and asiago. Add a few basil leaves. Press and cook until golden.
16. Sun-Dried Tomato Make Three-Cheese Panini (No. 15) with sun-dried tomato pesto. Add baby spinach instead of basil.
20. BBQ Fill a soft sesame roll with pulled pork, shredded cheddar and charred red onion. Press and cook until golden.
22. Spicy Steak Lightly spread mayonnaise on the inside of a split onion roll. Fill with thinly sliced cooked steak and season with salt; top with shredded pepper jack cheese. Press and cook until golden.
23. Apple-Brie Spread dijon mustard on the inside of a split piece of baguette. Fill with sliced brie and thinly sliced green apple. Press and cook until golden.
24. Reuben Spread Thousand Island dressing on 2 slices rye bread. Layer sliced Swiss cheese, corned beef, sauerkraut and more cheese between the bread. Press and cook until golden.
26. Italian Melt Drizzle the inside top half of a split sub roll with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Layer sliced provolone, salami, ham, turkey, pepperoncini and more provolone on the roll. Press and cook until golden.
27. Fajita Melt Brush the inside of a split sub roll with olive oil. Fill with sliced grilled chicken, sauteed peppers and onions, and shredded pepper jack cheese. Press and cook until golden.
28. Mexican Melt Make Fajita Melt (No. 27) with sliced roast beef instead of chicken. Press and cook until golden.
29. Steak-Gruyere Mix equal parts mayonnaise and horseradish. Stir in some chopped parsley. Spread on the inside of a split piece of baguette. Fill with thinly sliced cooked steak and sliced gruyere. Press and cook until golden.
33. Canadian Bacon Butter a split English muffin. Fill with 2 slices sauteed Canadian bacon and some sliced Swiss cheese. Press and cook until golden.
37. Cuban Spread the inside of a split Cuban or other soft sub roll with yellow mustard. Fill with sliced dill pickle, deli ham, roast pork and Swiss cheese. Press and cook until golden. (This is traditionally done in a skillet.)
38. Turkey Cuban Make Cuban Panini (No. 37) with sliced turkey instead of ham and roast pork.
40. Breakfast Burrito Roll up scrambled eggs, shredded pepper jack cheese and salsa in a flour tortilla. Press and cook until golden.
41. Grilled Cheese Sandwich shredded sharp cheddar and jack cheeses between thick slices of white bread. Cook in a skillet with butter until golden (don’t press—the bread is soft and there’s not a lot of filling).
42. BLT Grilled Cheese Thinly slice a tomato, pat dry and season with salt. Make Grilled Cheese (No. 41), alternating cheese, tomato, escarole and bacon.
45. Apple-Cheddar Spread apple butter on a slice of white bread. Top with grated sharp cheddar and another slice of bread. Cook in a skillet with butter until golden (do not press).
46. Thanksgiving Sandwich sliced turkey, cheddar and some cranberry sauce between slices of potato bread. Cook in a skillet with butter until golden (do not press).
48. Meatloaf Layer shredded sharp cheddar and jack cheeses, thinly sliced leftover meatloaf and more shredded cheese between 2 slices of potato bread. Cook in a skillet with butter until golden (do not press). Serve with ketchup.
49. Mozzarella in Carrozza Sandwich 2 slices fresh mozzarella between 2 slices white bread. Beat 1 egg with 2 tablespoons milk and some salt in a bowl. Dredge the sandwich in flour, then dip both sides in the egg mixture. Cook in a skillet with olive oil until golden (do not press).
50. Peanut Butter–Banana Spread peanut butter on a slice of cinnamon-swirl bread. Top with sliced bananas. Lightly brush another slice of bread with honey and set on top. Press and cook until golden.
– Provolone cheese, mushroom, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, chopped red onion and olives, and basil. This one has quite a few ingredients, so you’ll want to do just a small amount of each on each panini.
– A pita pocket filled with refried beans, olives, salsa, peppers, onions, and maybe some cheddar cheese. A great way to mix things up is to use something instead of bread for the outside, so this is a good one to get away from the norm.
– Mayo, basil, eggplant, mozzarella, red peppers, and red onion. Grill the eggplant, red peppers, and red onion (all sliced up) before putting this sandwich on your panini maker for an awesome summer treat. If you’re not a fan of mayonnaise, you could always switch out the mayo and basil for some pesto and spinach.
– Sun dried tomatoes, sharp cheddar cheese, and sliced avocado. You could also do this with pesto instead of cheese for a very different taste. Avocado is great on sandwiches and is very nutrient rich, so it’s great to find new ways to mix this into your diet.
– Mushrooms, crumbled tofu and/or chicken, and brown gravy. This sandwich is great comfort food on a cold winter day, and is very different from the others on this list. It really gives you a unique sandwich that can help get you out of a food rut, fast. Be aware that this one will probably get some gravy on your panini maker, but it should be pretty easy to clean up as long as you get to it as soon as your grill has cooled.
Total Time: 4 mins
Prep Time: 0 mins
Cook Time: 4 mins
When I got my George Foreman grill, I made up this recipe to be like the ones that I had bought. It has been a big hit with everyone.
Start heating the grill.
Place 1 slice of mozzarella on each of 4 slices of bread.
Place 1 slice of provolone on each of the other 4 slices of bread.
Top the mozzarella with pepperoni, salami and pepperoncini.
Top the provolone with turkey, ham and cheddar.
Place the two halves of the sandwiches together.
Brush the top of the first sandwich with the melted butter.
Place the sandwich butter side down on the grill.
Brush the other side with melted butter.
Grill till bread is toasted and the cheese has melted.
Continue with the other sandwiches.
A George Foreman grill works great with these sandwiches but even a stove top grill would work.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/panini-sandwiches-16432#ixzz1plyUOdLF
- 4 oz. deli sliced smoked ham or turkey
- 2 Tbsp. apple butter
- 1Spread butter over 1 side of each slice bread. Turn 2 slices over; top with 4 slices cheese, the ham, apple butter and remaining 4 slices cheese. Close sandwiches with remaining bread, buttered sides up.
- 2Cook sandwiches in a preheated panini maker or greased waffle iron until golden brown and cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes. (Or, sandwiches may be cooked in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes per side.)