This is an incredibly easy & delicious dinner or lunch.
Well, the name’s misleading. Sometimes it’s not exactly nine cans. I’ll give you the recipe as it was given to me…
Nine Can Vegetable Soup
- 2 cans Hormel chili, any variety
- 1 can vegetable soup
- 1 can green beans
- 1 can sliced new potatoes
- 1 can mixed vegetables
- 1 can corn
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (for extra kick, use a can of tomatoes with green chiles in place of one can of diced tomatoes).
Optional: 1lb ground meat*
Dump the entire contents of every can into the crockpot – liquid and
*Brown turkey or beef and drain and add to veggies in crockpot. Heat on low all day, or on high for less than 2 hours.
Well, sometimes I do it like this…
- Hormel Chili with Beans
- Hormel Chili with No Beans
- Campbell’s Beef With Barley & Vegetables Soup
- Campbell’s Vegetable Beef Soup
- Cut Green & Wax Beans
- Diced New Potatoes
- Succotash (Corn & Lima Beans)
- Mixed Vegetables with Potatoes
- Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic, & Oregano
- Petit Diced Tomatoes
the diced tomatoes with jalapeño or chili peppers, and even plain old navy or black beans. Sometimes I dump some of the liquid of the cans out. I like thick soup.
I’ve used ground beef & ground turkey… both work really well. I’m sure a vegetarian version of this would be easy to make. (Hormel makes a vegetarian chili, you can get vegetarian vegetable soup from Campbell’s, & the ground tofu, seitan, or tempeh would work well… or you could just add more beans or vegetables.)
I just put it into the crock pot on low all day. Dinner’s ready when you get home!
I like to have it with homemade bread, or over biscuits like a pot pie. If you’re camping and have a mountain pie iron or if you have en electric sandwich maker that seals the edges you can add some flour to thicken it up or strain it a little to make incredible filling.
I also like the tiny saltine crackers.
A any rate, we make some & it lasts a while… as a main dish, or a side with sandwiches. It freezes & re-heats easily.
Do you make something like this?
What are some good soup recipes or easy crock-pot recipes?
- Goofy Search Terms (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- 7 Food Blogs to Follow This Summer (en.blog.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Vegetable Taco Soup (yesiwantcake.com)
- Vermicelli Vegetables Soup (ninikbecker.wordpress.com)
- What to eat while waiting for payday: Lemon Vegetable Soup(20poorandfabulous.com)
- Chicken in Butternut & Vegetable Soup (muponisi.wordpress.com)
- Soup Vegetable Muffins (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Crock Pot Potato Soup~YUM! (thisandthatpatterns.typepad.com)
- Soup: The Budgeter’s Winter Go-To Meal (couponshoebox.com)
- Beer for Dinner: Three B’s Soup (cookpendium.wordpress.com)
- 20 Tasty Ways to Enjoy Frozen Mixed Vegetables (wisebread.com)
- Turkey Noodle Soup (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Hearty Vegan Tortilla Soup (inthelivingwell.com)
- There is Always Time for a Home Cooked Meal – Mexican Black Bean Soup(centraljerseyworkingmoms.com)
- Crockpot Ham & White Bean Soup (motherhoodmania.wordpress.com)
- Beans and rice (busy mom crock pot style!) (littlemombigmission.com)
- Remove the Bay Leaf or Die (grandmalin.wordpress.com)
- Crock Pot Soup (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Honey Dijon Crock Pot Corned Beef (teacher-chef.com)
- Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup (nerdweight.wordpress.com)
- Crock Pot Cheesy Potatoes (thecocinamonologues.com)
- The 9-Year-Old Food Critic (neatorama.com)
- Vegetable noodle soup with tofu (charlotte.news14.com)
- Beef tortilla soup (charlotte.news14.com)
- The Poverty Diet (sustainablykaity.com)
- Eat Your Vegetables! (girlfriday.typepad.com)
- 12 Healthy Soups To Warm You Up All Winter Long – Food (brit.co)
- 25 Great, Cheap, and Easy Crock Pot Recipes (wisebread.com)
- Doritos Casserole (tasteofstmu.com)
- On a Tight Budget, But Need to Eat Something Besides Ramen Noodles?(sweetbriarcareerservices.wordpress.com)
- Fri. 07/20 – The Scratch n’ Sniffs, OTiS, & Ernie and the Berts @ The Fallout Shelter (ernieandtheberts.wordpress.com)