I am always up and running, so quick and easy snacks are essential to keep me going throughout the day.
Sometimes I want a sweet snack like a piece of fruit, but other times, I want something salty. Instead of reaching for a bag of chips, I decided to make these roasted chickpeas. They are great an on-the-go treat or you can even sprinkle them on your salad for an extra crunch.
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and dried
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil Sea salt and pepper, to season
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Take a baking sheet and lightly coat with olive oil.
3. Roll the chickpeas around on the oil until they are lightly coated.
4. Salt and pepper the chickpeas to your like taste.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chickpeas are lightly browned and crunchy.
About this column: This column is from Lindsey Smith, Brookline’s own Food Mood Girl. Smith is a certified Health Coach and founder of “The Real You.” Related Topics: Food Mood Girl, Healthy Snacks, Lindsey Smith, healthy recipes, and roasted chickpeas